23 Jan, 2016
7055 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
1) Raghuveer Chaudhari, who will be conferred with the Jnanpith Award for 2015, considered India’s highest literary award, is a writer in which language?
2) Which ONE of the following facts is INCORRECT with regard to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that were put into action by the United Nations (UN) from 1 January 2016?
a) There are 17 primary goals under SDGs
b) The SDGs have been adopted for 15 years
c) Developed nations have been excluded from SDGs
d) SDGs have replaced the eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
3) During January 2016 the foundation stone for a new helicopter unit of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was laid at which place in Karnataka?
4) What was the theme of the 103rd Indian Science Congress that was held at Mysuru during January 2016?
a) Science and Technology for promoting Start-ups
b) Inducing technocrats to be entrepreneurs
c) Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India
d) Indian Scientific scenario since 2000
5) Who headed the Supreme Court-constituted committee on reforms in the BCCI that submitted its report on 4 January 2016?
a) Justice M. Lodha
b) Justice AK Mathur
c) Justice TS Thakur
d) Justice PK Bansal
6) The bilateral ties between which ONE of the following sets of countries were severely affected during January 2016 after execution of Shia Muslim cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr?
a) Iran and Iraq
b) Egypt and Iran
c) Saudi Arabia and Egypt
d) Saudi Arabia and Iran
7) During January 2016 which state became the first to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Centre for the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY) reforms for state-owned power distribution companies?
c) Madhya Pradesh
8) The Union Govt. during January 2016 decided to implement stricter emission norms of Bharat Stage (BS) VI and skip the BS-V norm altogether. BS VI will be implemented from which date?
a) 1 January 2018
b) 1 April 2020
c) 1 April 2017
d) 1 January 2022
9) Apurvi Chandela, who came to limelight for creating a world record during January 2016, is associated with which sport?
10) Which franchisee team during January 2016 won the Premier Badminton League (PBL) title for 2016?
a) Delhi Acers
b) Hyderabad Hunters
c) Mumbai Rockets
d) Awadhe Warriors
| MCQ 2016 | 2016 MCQ Questions | January 2016 MCQs | Objective Questions 2016 | 2016 Top Questions | Current Affairs MCQs 2016 |