23 Jan, 2016
7733 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
1) Raghuveer Chaudhari, who will be conferred with the Jnanpith Award for 2015, considered India’s highest literary award, is a writer in which language?
2) Which ONE of the following facts is INCORRECT with regard to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that were put into action by the United Nations (UN) from 1 January 2016?
a) There are 17 primary goals under SDGs
b) The SDGs have been adopted for 15 years
c) Developed nations have been excluded from SDGs
d) SDGs have replaced the eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
3) During January 2016 the foundation stone for a new helicopter unit of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was laid at which place in Karnataka?
4) What was the theme of the 103rd Indian Science Congress that was held at Mysuru during January 2016?
a) Science and Technology for promoting Start-ups
b) Inducing technocrats to be entrepreneurs
c) Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India
d) Indian Scientific scenario since 2000
5) Who headed the Supreme Court-constituted committee on reforms in the BCCI that submitted its report on 4 January 2016?
a) Justice M. Lodha
b) Justice AK Mathur
c) Justice TS Thakur
d) Justice PK Bansal
6) The bilateral ties between which ONE of the following sets of countries were severely affected during January 2016 after execution of Shia Muslim cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr?
a) Iran and Iraq
b) Egypt and Iran
c) Saudi Arabia and Egypt
d) Saudi Arabia and Iran
7) During January 2016 which state became the first to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Centre for the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY) reforms for state-owned power distribution companies?
c) Madhya Pradesh
8) The Union Govt. during January 2016 decided to implement stricter emission norms of Bharat Stage (BS) VI and skip the BS-V norm altogether. BS VI will be implemented from which date?
a) 1 January 2018
b) 1 April 2020
c) 1 April 2017
d) 1 January 2022
9) Apurvi Chandela, who came to limelight for creating a world record during January 2016, is associated with which sport?
10) Which franchisee team during January 2016 won the Premier Badminton League (PBL) title for 2016?
a) Delhi Acers
b) Hyderabad Hunters
c) Mumbai Rockets
d) Awadhe Warriors
| MCQ 2016 | 2016 MCQ Questions | January 2016 MCQs | Objective Questions 2016 | 2016 Top Questions | Current Affairs MCQs 2016 |
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.