25 Jul, 2015
27396 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in: Hindi
1) Which of the following bank during July 2015 became the first in the country to launch the MUDRA Card, under the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) scheme?
a) State Bank of India
b) Bank of India
c) Corporation Bank
d) Indian Bank
2) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), the new multilateral international financial institution which started its operations recently, has its headquarters in which city?
3) Banks of which one of the following countries went to banking holiday during June-July 2015?
4) Which African country is going through the process of de-monetization of its currency due to hyper-inflation as high as 500 billion per cent in the recent times?
5) RBI’s Reverse Repo Rate (RRR) is usually …..basis points lower than the Repo Rate?
Ans : 1) c 2) a 3) d 4) b 5) d
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.