20 Jul, 2015
25139 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in: Hindi
1) What is the prescribed minimum paid-up equity capital for Payments and Small banks that are being established and which aim to take banking services to more people and small businesses?
a) Rs. 1000 crore
b) Rs. 500 crore
c) 250 crore
d) Rs. 100 crore
2) 80:20 Scheme, which was the popular name of an import curb scheme by the RBI, was associated with import of which commodity?
a) Crude Oil
c) Raw an unpolished Diamonds
3) GIFT City, which is the first ever International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) or Finance Special Economic Zone (FSEZ) established in India, is situated at which place?
4) What is the correct expansion of the term MUDRA?
a) Micro Undertakings Development and Refinance Authority
b) Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency
c) Micro Undertakings Development and Restructuring Agency
d) Mini Units Development and Restructuring Authority
5) Which of the following sets of PSU were added to the list of sick PSUs as disclosed in the information given by the govt. in Parliament during March 2015?
a) CONCOR and Air India
b) BSNL and MTNL
c) Air India and BSNL
d) Air India and MTNL
6) Which entity has become India’s newest public sector undertaking (PSU) during April 2015 after Union Govt. increased its stake to over 51% in this entity?
c) Axis Bank
7) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) completed how many years of its operations during 2015?
a) 25 years
b) 40 years
c) 50 years
d) 60 years
8) K.M. Mani, who is the Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on the crucial issue of Goods and Services Tax (GST), is the finance minister of which of the following states?
b) Andhra Pradesh
9) What is the primary objective of ‘Price Stabilization Fund’, which was established by the Union Govt. in 2015 with a corpus of Rs. 500 crore?
a) To put a monitoring authority over crude oil prices
b) To control inflation in the country
c) To stabilize fluctuations in the stock markets
d) Keeping prices of perishable farm commodities under control
10) During March 2015 Indian Railways signed a landmark MoU with which of the following entities to raise Rs. 1.5 lakh crore worth of funds to finance its infrastructure projects?
Ans : 1) d 2) b 3) a 4) b 5) d 6) b 7) a 8) c 9) d 10) a
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.