18 Jul, 2015
13970 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in: Hindi
1) Who is heading the committee to evaluate applications received for the proposed small finance banks that was constituted by the RBI during 2015?
a) Usha Thorat
b) Shyamala Gopinath
c) Deepak Parekh
d) Bimal Jalan
2) “Halwa Rasm” is associated with which of the following events?
a) Preparation of state-specific plans by the NITI Aayog
b) The meeting of the Finance Commission to approve share of states in Tax Collection
c) Preparation of the Rail Budget
d) Preparation of Union Budget
3) Which state-owned bank launched Tech Learning Centres (TLCs) in a huge initiative to empower its customers through technology and awareness?
a) Bank of Baroda
b) Canara Bank
c) State Bank of India
d) Punjab National Bank
4) How much raise in share of states in central taxes has been suggested in the report of the 14th Finance Commission that was released during February 2015?
5) What is the present minimum wage for workers in the country after the Union Govt. raised it by Rs. 23 during July 2015?
Ans : 1) a 2) d 3) c 4) b 5) a
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.