14 Jul, 2015
15724 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in: Hindi
1) What is the prevalent interest rate for the current fiscal year (2014-15) for investments in Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA), the special deposit scheme for girl child that was launched during January 2015?
a) 9.1% p.a.
b) 8.5% p.a.
c) 9.2% p.a.
d) 8.9% p.a.
2) Who was appointed as head of a 7-member committee on urban cooperative banks (UCBs) that was constituted in 2015 by the RBI for re-examining and recommending appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the UCBs in the country?
a) P.J. Naik
b) R. Gandhi
c) M.V. Tanksale
d) Joseph Raj
3) The term “Payments Banks” remained in news during the earlier part of year 2015. Why?
a) The RBI accepted applications for setting up this new category of banks in the country
b) The RBI came gave permissions to a few commercial banks to operate as Payments Banks in the country
c) The RBI withdrew its proposed plans to establish this new line of banks to primarily facilitate payments facilities
d) During 2015 the RBI announced merging two proposed categories of banking entities – Payments Banks and Small Banks
4) Which private bank during February 2015 launched first-of-its-kind digital banking service called “Pockets”, which enables users to instantly send money to any e-mail id, mobile number, friends on Facebook and bank account?
a) Ratnakar Bank Limited
b) ICICI Bank
c) HDFC Bank
d) Axis Bank
5) During 2015, the RBI brought into circulation currency notes with the denomination of Re 1. In which year printing of Re. 1 notes was discontinued by the govt. due to higher printing costs?
Ans : 1) c 2) b 3) a 4) b 5) b
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.