14 Jul, 2015
15302 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in: Hindi
1) What is the prevalent interest rate for the current fiscal year (2014-15) for investments in Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA), the special deposit scheme for girl child that was launched during January 2015?
a) 9.1% p.a.
b) 8.5% p.a.
c) 9.2% p.a.
d) 8.9% p.a.
2) Who was appointed as head of a 7-member committee on urban cooperative banks (UCBs) that was constituted in 2015 by the RBI for re-examining and recommending appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the UCBs in the country?
a) P.J. Naik
b) R. Gandhi
c) M.V. Tanksale
d) Joseph Raj
3) The term “Payments Banks” remained in news during the earlier part of year 2015. Why?
a) The RBI accepted applications for setting up this new category of banks in the country
b) The RBI came gave permissions to a few commercial banks to operate as Payments Banks in the country
c) The RBI withdrew its proposed plans to establish this new line of banks to primarily facilitate payments facilities
d) During 2015 the RBI announced merging two proposed categories of banking entities – Payments Banks and Small Banks
4) Which private bank during February 2015 launched first-of-its-kind digital banking service called “Pockets”, which enables users to instantly send money to any e-mail id, mobile number, friends on Facebook and bank account?
a) Ratnakar Bank Limited
b) ICICI Bank
c) HDFC Bank
d) Axis Bank
5) During 2015, the RBI brought into circulation currency notes with the denomination of Re 1. In which year printing of Re. 1 notes was discontinued by the govt. due to higher printing costs?
Ans : 1) c 2) b 3) a 4) b 5) b