19 Jan, 2016
5468 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
1) What was the main reason for the 1-day bank strike observed by bank employees on 8 January 2016?
a) To protest against the proposed committee on monetary policy to undermine the role of the RBI
b) To protest against alleged upper-hand given to private banks in managing their NPAs
c) To protest against violation of employees service agreements by the five associate banks of the SBI
d) To demand better working conditions and salary structure
2) The ambitious odd-even formula for alternate-day usage of cars in Delhi was implemented on an experimental basis for 15 days from –
a) 31 Dec 2015
b) 25 Dec 2015
c) 1 Jan 2016
d) 15 Jan 2016
3) Which state imposed a dress code for devotees entering temples from 1 January 2016?
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Andhra Pradesh
4) Who was appointed head of the committee constituted to give recommendations for restructuring of the censor board during January 2016?
a) Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
b) Shyam Benegal
c) Vikram Gokhale
d) Subhash Ghai
5) The 103rd edition of Indian Science Congress (ISC) was held at which place during January 2016?
6) A B Bardhan, who passed away during January 2016, was a prominent political figure associated with which party?
c) Forward Bloc
7) India defeated which country in the final of the South Asian Football Federation Cup (SAFF Cup) during January 2016?
d) Sri Lanka
8) Pranav Dhanawade, who came to limelight during January 2016, is associated with which sports?
9) South Asian Football Federation Cup (SAFF Cup) for 2015 was hosted in which Indian city?
10) Which airbase of the Indian Air Force (IAF) was targeted by Pak-based terrorists during January 2016?
| MCQ 2016 | 2016 MCQ Questions | January 2016 MCQs | Objective Questions 2016 | 2016 Top Questions | Current Affairs MCQs 2016 |
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.