27 Dec, 2015
3343 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in: Hindi
- Which entity became India’s newest public sector undertaking (PSU) during April 2015 after Union Govt. increased its stake to over 51% in this entity? – IFCI Limited
- MUDRA Bank, an ambitious initiative to provide boost to India’s micro and small business entities, was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a programme held in New Delhi on 8 April 2015. What is the full expansion of the term MUDRA? – Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency
- The amalgamation scheme of which two private sector banks came into effect on 1 April 2015 after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) gave its approval for their merger? – Kotak Mahindra Bank and ING Vysya Bank
- What will be the name of the new capital of Andhra Pradesh as approved by the Cabinet of the state on 1 April 2015? – “Amaravathi”
- Which entity became the first public sector undertaking (PSU) to hit the market in fiscal year 2015-16 with its disinvestment taking place on 8 April 2015? – Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)
- In a landmark development, U.S. President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro held a meeting on 11 April 2015, which market the first summit between the two countries since the height of the Cold War. This historic meeting took place at which place? – Panama City
- What was the code name given to the operation to rescue Indians stranded in Yemen undertaken during March-April 2015 by Indian Govt. that involved Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Air India as major partners? – “Operation Rahat”
- At least 9,000 people died in a massive earthquake and a series of aftershocks that hit several parts of Nepal and India since morning of 25 April 2015. Which district of Nepal was the epicentre of the quake? – Lamjung
- Who was elected as the new General Secretary of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) on 19 April 2015 at party’s 21st Congress held in Visakhapatnam? – Sitaram Yechury (Sitaram Yechury was unanimously elected CPI (M)’s new General Secretary to replace Prakash Karat, who has completed three terms as General Secretary of the party)
- The Union Govt. during April 2015 notified rules that restrict Governors’ official travel outside their respective states to 73 days in a calendar year. The new law pertaining to this also requires that Governors avoid or limit frequency of their visits to the home state. What is the name of this law? – Governors (Allowances and Privileges) Amendment Rules, 2015
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 17 April 2015 came out with which important proposal pertaining to term deposits? – It proposed to allow banks to offer differential interest rates for term deposits
- India Post, the postal department of Govt. of India, on 1 April 2015 closed its 135-year old Money Order (MO) service. The Money Order service, which provided pan-India door-delivery of funds to a payee from over 155,000 post offices, was an integral part of the department since 1880. India Post is now focusing on which 2 postal remittance services? – Electronic Money Order (eMO) and Instant Money Order (iMO)
- Which port recently upstaged Chennai Port Trust (CPT) in car handling volumes to become the largest car-exporting port of India? – Kamarajar Port Ltd (KPL)
- What is the name given to an ambitious road project proposed by the Union Govt. from Gujarat to Mizoram to be built along India’s vast West-to-East land border? – “Bharat Mala”
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) began a new crude processing unit at which place on 26 April 2015 with capacity of 300,000 barrel per day (bpd)? – Paradip (Odisha)
- US space agency NASA’s 11-year old probe mission for Mercury ended abruptly on 30 April 2015 after it crashed into the little planet. What was the name of this historic probe? – Messenger
- Which leading online retail company acquired mobile transactions platform FreeCharge as announced by the company on 8 April 2015? – Snapdeal
- In an important international development China and Pakistan launched an ambitious economic corridor project on 20 April 2015 primarily to link their economies and strengthen the bilateral economic relations. The project called “China-Pakistan Economic Corridor” would link China’s western Xinjiang region with which Pakistani port? – Gwadar
- Former Australia cricket captain and legendary commentator Richie Benaud, who passed away on 9 April 2015, was one of the core members of which Australian cricket channel? – Channel Nine
- Who took over as the new Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India on 19 April 2015 by replacing H.S. Brahma? – Dr. Nasim Zaidi (He took over as the 20th CEC as the incumbent H.S. Brahma retired on the same day)
- The famous Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army completed how many years of its existence on 24 April 2015? – 200 years
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) recently gave its in-principle approval for creation of three new tiger reserves in the country. This was announced by the Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar in Lok Sabha on 21 April 2015. These 3 new tiger reserves will be established at which places? – Ratapani (Madhya Pradesh), Sunabeda (Odisha) and Guru Ghasidas (Chhattisgarh)
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) completed how many years of its operations during April 2015? – 25 years
- What was the name given to Indian Army’s relief and rescue operation in Nepal that was launched after the devastating earthquake in the country on 25 April 2015? – “Operation Maitri”
- Which South-east Asian country on 29 April 2015 undertook the controversial executions of 8 persons including 7 foreigners, an incident which drew widespread condemnation from around the world? – Indonesia
- In a shocking incident as many as 20 labourers hired by suspected sandalwood smugglers were shot dead by a task force in Andhra Pradesh (AP) on 7 April 2015. This incident took place at which place of AP? – Seshachalam forest (Chittoor district)
- The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on 20 April 2015 expelled which four rebel leaders from the party on charges of indiscipline? – Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan, Anand Kumar and Ajit Jha
- Which district of West Bengal was declared as the first Open Defecation Free (ODF) district in the country on 30 April 2015? – Nadia
- During April 2015 who became the first player of Indian origin to feature in a National Basketball Association (NBA) team of US? – Sim Bhullar
- Which state govt. on 30 April 2015 issued a circular banning the use of the phrase “Horn Ok Please” on the rear side of commercial vehicles? – Maharashtra
- What is the name of the mobile app launched by Indian Railways on 22 April 2015 that will facilitate obtaining unreserved passenger tickets? – UTS
- Jnanapith Award winning writer D.Jayakanthan, who passed away on 8 April 2015, was associated with which language? – Tamil
- Which airline became the newest air service operator in India on 12 April 2015 when it commenced its first flight on this day? – Air Pegasus
- In an important chapter in women empowerment in Delhi, for the first time a female driver was appointed in the bus service of the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC). What is her name? – Venkadarath Saritha
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.