25 Dec, 2015
2797 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
Read this in: Hindi
- Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) swept to power in Delhi on 10 February 2015 by scoring a historic mandate. AAP won how many seats out of total 70 in this election? – 67
- The Reserve Bank of India on 3 February 2015 constituted a committee to evaluate applications received for payments banks. Who headed this committee? – Dr. Nachiket Mor
- The Reserve Bank of India on 3 February 2015 constituted a committee to evaluate applications received for the proposed small finance banks. Who headed this committee? – Usha Thorat (former Deputy Governor of RBI)
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the umbrella organisation for retail payment system in India, on 18 February 2015 launched a unified platform for providing a single payment interface across all systems. What is the name of this interface that will enable all account holders to send and receive money from their smartphones with a single identifier? – Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
- The State Bank of India launched a massive initiative to empower its customers through technology and awareness. Under this initiative special SBI centers across the length and breadth of the country have started holding interactive learning sessions and demos of the bank’s tech-channels. What is the name of these special centers? – Tech Learning Centres (TLCs)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the centrally sponsored nation-wide ‘Soil Health Card’ (SHC) scheme on 19 February 2015. This scheme was launched at which place? – Suratgarh (Rajasthan)
- The 35th National Games of India concluded on 14 February 2015 at Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala). Which three teams occupied the top three spots in the final medals tally? – Services, Kerala and Haryana
- The concept of three-parent babies finally became a reality with United Kingdom becoming the first country to legalise creation of such babies. This became possible as the House of Lords on 24 February 2015 gave its approval to the Bill that amends the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act (HFEA), 1990. What is the name of the scientific procedure that makes the three-parent concept a reality? – Mitochondrial Replacement Therapy (MRT)
- Legendary film producer D.Ramanaidu passed away on 18 February 2015 in Hyderabad at the age of 79. He was conferred with the Dada Saheb Phalke Award for lifetime achievement in 2009. What unique record he held in film producing? – He held the world record for producing highest number of films
- The opening ceremony of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 was held on 12 February 2015 in which cities of New Zealand and Australia? – Christchurch and Melbourne
- Rajinder Puri, who passed away on 16 February 2015, was a noted personality associated with which field? – Cartooning
- Anti-toll tax campaigner Govind Pansare, who died of on 20 February 2015 five days after he was shot at in Kolhapur, was associated with political party? – Communist Party of India (CPI)
- Which former Indian cricketer was inducted in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame during India’s World Cup match against South Africa at Melbourne on 22 February 2015? – Anil Kumble
- Which film won the Best Picture award at the 87th Academy Awards ceremony held on 22 February 2015? – “Birdman”
- Indian Railways concluded its first-ever bilateral power procurement agreement on 5 February 2015 under which it will be able to purchase power directly from supplier so as to reduce procurement costs. This agreement was signed between which two entities? – Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) and North Central Railway (NCR)
- Which state would become the first in India to present a ‘paperless’ budget as announced on 23 February 2015? – Himachal Pradesh
- Who was selected for Jnanpith Award for 2014, which is the most prestigious literary honour in India? – Bhalchandra Vanaji Nemade (Marathi litterateur)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 20 February 2015 flagged-off the first air-conditioned express train service between Delhi and Arunachal Pradesh. This train was flagged off from which station which is the only important station of Arunachal Pradesh? – Naharlagun
- Which city will host the 2022 Commonwealth Games (CWG) as it is the lone contender for this quadrennial sporting event? – Durban (South Africa)
- Dr. Gaur Hari Singhania, who passed away on 4 February 2015, was associated with which leading industrial house of the country? – JK Group
- Which team won the 3rd edition of Hockey India League (HIL) that concluded on 22 February 2015? – Ranchi Ray
- Dr Rajendra K Pachauri, who is facing allegations of sexual harassment, on 24 February 2015 stepped down as the Chairperson of which UN panel associated with environment? – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.