13 May, 2017
742 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
For SBI PO Mains 2017
1. What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for FY 18, according to Asian Development Bank
(ADB)’s latest report “Asian Development Outlook 2017”?
A) 7.4% *
2. What is the India‟s rank (out of 136 countries) in the 2017 WEF‟s Global Travel and TourismCompetitive Index (GTTCI)? (topped by Spain)
A) 40th *
3. Which digital payment company announced a new feature QR code on its app?
C) PayTM *
* With this launch, Paytm becomes the first company to invest in QR code-based payment solution.
4. Which company has announced to buy eBay‟s India business?
C) Flipkart *
5. The union government has set up time-bound Inter-Disciplinary Committee to examine the
existing framework with regard to _____.
A) Digital Coin
B) Virtual Currency *
C) Electronic Money
6. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved listing of 11 central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) in the equity market. What is the government of india shareholding in it ?
A) Upto 25% *
B) Upto 30%
C) Upto 40%
7. Who has launched the BHIM-Aadhaar service which enabled every Indian citizen to pay digitally just with their thumb impression, in Nagpur (Maharashtra)?
A) Narendra Modi *
B) Pranab Mukherjee
C) Arun Jaitley
* The Aadhaar-linked BHIM mobile app is based on the Unified Payment Interface Developed by National Payments Corporation of India.
Now, every person they introduce to the BHIM app, will get a cash back of Rs. 10 from “14th April to 14th October”.
8. Which online portal has been launched by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) that allows insurance companies to register and sell policies through online mode?
A) isnp.irda.gov.in *
9. Thailand King Maha Vajiralongkorn has signed a new constitution in Bangkok. This is Thailand‟s _____ constitution since 1932.
C) 20th *
10. Which country will become the world’s first country to allow legalized production, sale and
consumption of marijuana?
C) Uruguay *
11. The G-7 Foreign Ministers meeting was held in which country?
B) Italy *
12. “World Homeopathy Day” is celebrated on which date every year, to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann – the founder of Homoeopathy.?
A) 10th April *
B) 11th April
C) 12th April
13. The International Convention on World Homoeopathy Day (WHD) was held in which city?(theme „Enhancing Quality of Research in Homoeopathy‟)
C) New Delhi *
14. The first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017 has started in which city? (The slogan of the summit is “Unite for a Healthy Mind‟)
B) New Delhi *
15. Which country has executed most people in 2016, as per Amnesty International Global Report “Death Sentences & Executions 2016‟?
C) China *
16. Recently “Abdel Fattah el-Sisi”, president of ______ has announced a three-month state of emergency following attacks on two Coptic churches.
C) Egypt *
17. The centenary of Mahatma Gandhi’s “Sabarmati Ashram‟ has been celebrated in which of the following country?
A) U.K *
C) South Africa
18. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has launched web portal and mobile application named “Bharat ke Veer” to enable people to contribute towards family of martyrs from central paramilitary forces. This app is technically supported by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and powered by ________
A) SBI *
B) Canara Bank
C) Indian Bank
19. An exhibition titled “Swachhagraha – Bapu Ko Karyanjali” has inaugurated by Narendra Modi, in which city to mark 100 years of the historic Champaran Satyagraha?
C) New Delhi *
20. “Exercise Nomadic Elephant – XII” is the joint military exercise between armies of India and______ held at Vairengte in Mizoram.
B) Mongolia *
21. Who is the author of the book “Gandhi in Champaran”, released by M Venkaiah Naidu?
A) DG Tendulkar *
B) Anand Gandhi
C) S Ganesan
22. Ministry of Rural development has released nearly Rs. _______ to the States under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
A) Rs. 13,500 crore
B) Rs. 18,500 crore
C) Rs. 23,500 crore *
23. India’s first-ever micro drama festival “Thespis” has started in which city?
B) New Delhi *
24. Which web portal was launched by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan on the occasion of 250th anniversary of Survey of India (SoI), that offers free download of Indian Maps?
B) Nakshe *
C) Digital Map Portal
25. Who is the author of the book “Matoshree”, recently released by Narendra Modi?
A) Sumitra Mahajan *
B) Sushma Swaraj
C) Venkaiah Naidu
26. The two day workshop has been inaugurated in which of the following city on the review of the National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP)?
B) New Delhi *
27. Which mobile application has been launched by Power Minister Piyush Goyal that allows consumers to exchange real-time information with electricity distribution companies (discoms) on power supply?
A) Urja Bandhu
B) Urja Buddy
C) Urja Mitra *
28. Which state government has launched “Deendayal Rasoi Yojana” to provide food at subsidized rate to poor?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh *
29. India’s first Deoxyribo- Nucleic Acid (DNA) bank for wild animals will be setup by the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI). IVRI HQ is located at _______
A) Bengaluru, Karnataka
B) Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh *
C) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
30. Which state government has imposed a 10% cow cess as surcharge on stamp duty for protection and propagation of cows?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Rajasthan *
31. Which city police has launched “Pink Hoyslas” police petrol vehicles for women safety?
A) Bengaluru *
32. Which state government has decided to increase the number of “Science Clubs” being operated in “Sanskriti Schools” from 20 to 200 to scale up the interest of youth in science and technology?
A) Haryana *
33. Which of the following state government has promulgated an Ordinance to make the teaching of “Malayalam language” mandatory in all schools in the State?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Kerala *
34. Which state government to launch cheap food canteen “Annapurna Bhojnalayas”?
C) Uttar Pradesh *
35. Which city has ranked the top-paying city for professionals in India, according to the 2017 Salary Trends Study by Randstad?
B) Bengaluru *
36. Which state has bagged Krishi Karman Award 2015-16 for increase in food grains production?
A) Himachal Pradesh *
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
37. Which state government has launched “Operation Durga” to ensure women safety?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Haryana *
38. Who among the following has been appointed as the Director of IIM Trichy (Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli)? (Replacing Prafulla Agnihotri)
A) Shailendra Singh
B) Bhimaraya Metri *
C) Dheeraj Sharma
39. Who has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Germany? (Succeeding Gurjit Singh)
A) Gautam Jain
B) Mukta Dutta Tomar *
C) Gurjit Singh
40. Who is the newly appointed chairman of Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT)? (Replacing Aftab Alam)
A) Shiva Kirti Singh *
B) Bipin Bihari Srivastava
C) S B Sinha
41. Which Indian-origin personality has become first non-white judge at the Old Bailey Court of London?
A) Kirti Solanki
B) James Miskin
C) Anuja Ravindra Dhir *
42. Who has been named as the new administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)? (Succeeding Helen Clark)
A) Kemal Dervis
B) Achim Steiner *
C) Segolene Royal
43. Who among the following has been appointed as the acting Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court? (Succeeding Chief Justice Gorla Rohini)
A) Justice Sunita Lakhra
B) Justice Vibha Merchant
C) Justice Gita Mittal *
44. Which movie has won the Best Children’s Film in the 64th National Awards-2017?
B) As You Like It
C) Dhanak *
45. On April 7, 2017, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the three-day National Children’s Film Festival (NCFF) in:
A) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh *
B) Panaji, Goa
C) Kochi, Kerala
46. Who has won the Best Actor Award at the 64th National Film Awards?
A) Salman Khan
B) Shahrukh Khan
C) Akhay Kumar *
* Akshay Kumar for movie Rustom
47. Who has won the Best Actress Award at the 64th National Film Awards?
A) Surabhi Lakshmi *
B) Sonam Kapoor
C) Alia Bhatt
* Surabhi Lakshmi- for movie Minnaminungu – the Firefly (Malayalam)
48. Which movie has won the Best Feature Film Award at the 64th National Film Awards?
B) Kasaav *
49. Which movie has been awarded as the Best Hindi Movie of 2016?
C) Neerja *
50. Who among the following is set to become the United Nations youngest-ever “Messenger of Peace”?
A) Malala Yousafzai *
B) Emma Watson
C) Selena Gomez
51. Who has won the 2016 ACM A.M. Turing Award?
A) Michael Stonebraker
B) Martin E. Hellman
C) Tim Berners-Lee *
52. Who has won the 2017 Pulitzer Prize in fiction for his novel “The Underground Railroad”?
A) Hisham Matar
B) Colson Whitehead *
C) Matthew Desmond
53. Which Indian-origin educationist has won the „Asian Businesswoman of Year‟ award?
A) Asha Khemka *
B) Sangeeta Gupta
C) Shaeli Solanki
54. Who has been posthumously conferred the Kirti Chakra award for year 2016?
A) Mohan Nath Goswami
B) Rajendra Ramraoji Nimbhorkar
C) Prem Bahadur Resmi Magar *
55. Who among the following has become the “Most Followed” world leader on Instagram?
A) Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi *
B) Russia President Vladimir Putin
C) US President Donald Trump
56. Who has become the first Naga cop to receive Shaurya Chakra award since Nagaland attained statehood?
A) Neiphiu Rio
B) Atu Zumvu *
C) Joseph Hesso
57. Who has won the 2017 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix tournament?
A) Nico Rosberg
B) Lewis Hamilton *
C) Fernando Alonso
58. India’s first National Basketball Association (NBA) Basketball School has started in which city?
C) Mumbai *
59. Which company has been named the official Innovation Partner for the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
C) Intel *
60. Which country’s team has won the 5th edition of Asian School Hockey Championship-2017?
A) India *
61. Who has won the 2017 Asian Billiards Championship title?
A) Michael Ferreira
B) Sourav Kothari
C) Pankaj Advani *
62. M. Achuthan, who passed away recently was related to which of the following field?
B) Poetry *
63. Akhilesh Das Gupta, the former Union Minister has passed away. He was associated with
which political party?
A) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
B) Indian National Congress (INC) *
C) All India Trinamool Congress (AITC)
64. Girish Saxena, who passed away recently, was the former governor of which state?
A) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) *
B) Himachal Pradesh
Stay connected for more…….