17 Apr, 2014
1206 Times Read.
RSS Feed for this Article
61st National Film Awards were announced on 16 April 2014 by the 11-member committee headed by noted director Saeed Akhtar Mirza. Following is the listing of winners for important categories:
- Best Feature Film : ‘Ship of Theseus’ (Anand Gandhi)
- Best Director : Hansal Mehta for ‘Shahid’
- Best Actor : Rajkumar Rao for ‘Shahid’ and Malayalam actor Suraj Venjaramoodu for ‘Perariyathavar’
- Best Actress : Geetanjali Thapa for Hindi film ‘Liar’s Dice’
- Best Supporting Actor : Saurabh Shukla for Hindi film ‘Jolly LLB’
- Best Supporting Actress : Amruta Subhash for Marathi film ‘Astu’ and Aida Elkashef for ‘Ship of Theseus’
- Best Non Feature Film : ‘Rangbhoomi’ (Hindi film by Kamal Swaroop)
- Best Film on Social Issues: ‘Tuhya Dharma Koncha’ (Marathi)
- Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration: ‘Thalaimuraigal’ (Tamil)
- Indira Gandhi Award for best debut film : Nagraj Manjule for ‘Fandry’ (Marathi)
- Best Non Feature Film on Social Issues: ‘Gulabi Gang’
- Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment : “Bhaag Milka Bhaag’ (Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra)
- Best Children’s Film : ‘Kaphal ‘(Hindi)
- Best Hindi Film : ‘Jolly LLB’
- Best English Film : ‘The Coffinmaker’
- Best Bengali Film: ‘Bakita Byaktigato’
- Best Kannada Film: ‘December 1’
- Best Malayalam Film: ‘North 24 Kaadham’
- Best Tamil Film: ‘Thanga Meengal’
- Best Telugu Film: ‘Na Bangaaru Talli’
- Best Choreography : Ganesh Acharya for ‘Havan Karenge’ for ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’
- Best Sound Design: ‘Madras Café’
The Swedish newspaper was recently asked it to delete the reference made by President Pranab Mukherjee to the Bofors scam in an interview to it, as a claim protested by the Indian Government on 27 May 2015. India has expressed disappointment over the disrespect shown to the President, the newspaper has defended its right to publish what was said during the interview.
Know, who is Vijay Kelkar and what is PPP !
Vijay Kelkar is a renowned economist and a former Finance Secretary. He was appointed head of newly constituted committee to give recommendations to recast the model of Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model in India. India is one of the largest PPP market with over 900 projects. The Kelkar committee will review the PPP policy, suggest a better risk-sharing mechanism between private developers and the government after analysing such projects.
Know, who is Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar !
Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was crowned as the new Maharaja of of Mysuru (Mysore) royal family. He is the 23-year old grandson of Princess Gayathri Devi, who was the eldest daughter of the last Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar. The coronation was held at Mysuru’s famous Amba Vilas Palace, which was decked up for the occasion.
Know about Sepp Blatter!
Swpp Blatter, was re-elected as FIFA president for a fifth term at the 65th Annual Congress of FIFA held at Zurich for four year term.
Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan stood against Blatter in this election. It is worth mentioning that FIFA is going through a major controversy regarding corruption in the organisation with two FIFA vice presidents and a recently elected FIFA executive committee member still in custody.